Zinc Sulphate in Solution
The refining of cereal grains, a major dietary staple in the UK, has been shown to remove up to 90% of the available zinc content of these foodstuffs. This, combined with the trend to eat less animal-derived protein, is likely to be one of the reasons why a staggering one out of three adults in the UK receive less than the Reference Nutrient Intake (RNI) for this mineral.
Zinc is essential for all protein synthesis in the body. Any extra physical or mental demands made on the body can increase the need for zinc or cause our bodies to lose extra zinc, whereas phytate and fibre rich foods inhibit the absorption of zinc from food.
One fifth of zinc in the body is found to be in skin and it is involved in tissue renewal. Indeed the health of several body systems such as the nervous, immune and reproductive systems are influenced by zinc, as are the senses of taste and smell.
Zincatest® is a simple non-invasive test, which gives an indication of zinc status. Zincatest® can also be given as a zinc supplement. Recommend to those who find zinc in tablet or capsule form difficult to swallow.
A clear solution of zinc sulphate.
Each 5ml provides:
|Zinc (as Zinc Sulphate)||15 mg|
Suitable for vegetarians.
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Gluten, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk and milk products, Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish and Yeast.
None known at the recommended dosage
This product can be used in two ways:
(1) As a dietary supplement: Take one tablespoon (5 ml) of Zincatest daily, with a meal. It can be diluted in water or orange juice.
(1) As a taste test / test to indicate the Zinc status: Do the test at least 1 hour after eating or drinking. Simply add 5 ml of Zincátest to 60 ml of water and immediately stir the diluted mixture in your mouth for 10 seconds (This mixture can be swallowed or thrown out). The taste sensation that results from this test provides an indication of Zinc:
1. Insipid like water: Low
2. Slightly dry, mineral or even sweet after a few seconds: Slightly Low
3. Defined taste that intensifies over time: Slightly Positive.
4. Strong taste, unpleasant intensified with time: Positive.
If the answer corresponds to 1 or 2, use a Zinco Zincatest® supplement until the result improves to 3 or 4.
It may be necessary to use it for 3 to 6 months.
One test must be done each time.
Do not exceed the expressly recommended daily dose.
With a container it has for: 20 days.
Unit cost: € 0.12