I was wondering if you could help to clarify the indications of OracOmega3 and Pure Fish Oil 1100mg. Anything you can tell me about these products will be helpful.
R) The product PURE FISH OIL is more universal in the sense that it is a product “recommendable to anyone” due to the properties of the Omega3 fatty acids. We should not forget that the intake of these is usually insufficient for most people since they won’t eat fish various times a week. In summary, we can highlight the following general properties:
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Reduces triglycerides and helps to maintain equilibrium between HDL/LDL
- Promotes healthy joints and modulates inflammatory responses
- Correct function of the hormonal system
- Correct function of the immune system
- Brain development during gestation and lactation
- Protection against neurodegenerative diseases
- Protection of the nervous tissue
- Supports memory and concentration
- Aids in the treatment of depression and other mental illnesses
- Helps maintain skin in good health
- Correct formation of the retina
The product PURE ORAC OMEGA has exactly the same properties as the previous product, however the association between the fatty acids omega 3 and antioxidants (quantified in ORAC units) potency the protective actions in the nervous and cardiovascular tissues, better protecting its functions and preventing degeneration and aging. This product would be better suited for “individuals that suffer from severe oxidative stress” or as prevention for other pathologies.
Free radical excess can cause cellular damage, or oxidative stress, which is believed to play a role in the development of macular degeneration, as an example. Antioxidants neutralize the harmful effects of oxidative stress and help to protect against cellular damage. Likewise, decades of dietary findings and investigations suggest that consuming larger quantities of antioxidants could help to protect again certain diseases.
What situations indicate high levels of oxidative stress? Some examples may be: Individuals with confirmed cardiac disease, individuals prone to suffer from certain cancers (such as skin cancer), macular degeneration, diabetes, pulmonary diseases as well as individuals exposed to emotional stress and athletes (regular exercise has been proven to be beneficial, but it has also been proven to increase levels of oxidative stress), etc.